Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Every train needs a unique motor for its purpose. ABB holds a complete and flexible traction motor portfolio that allows us to build the perfect solution for train operators – regardless of train type, power range or geographical location. Each motor is tailor-made to customer requirements and to the operation conditions of each train that it powers; enabling superior efficiency, lowest energy consumption and high reliability.
As digitalization becomes more and more a part of every people’s daily life, ABB sees the opportunity to make a leap from todays traditional way of doing things by printed paper copies of instructions and as built records. What is out there that could improve the way of working in the future? In the future ABB sees a modern production with interactive 3D assembly instructions, connected to check lists and integrated as built records.
- The aim with this thesis work is to open the door for the future of assembly instructions, check lists, as-built records etc. by means of digitalization.
- Thesis work is to investigate available methods and tools and how they can be used to improve the level of quality and consistent in ABBs production.
- Map as-is state of facility in Sweden
- Map the market and industry of available methods and tools
- Establish to-be scenario
- Process and action plan of how to reach given to-be scenario
- To-be scenario to include consideration of document life cycling such as creation, revision, approval and communication of changes
- Provide an insight for the to-be scenario by means of demonstrating one product being assembled with assistance of digitalized instructions
- You are studying a university master or bachelor program
- You have an orientation of design engineering or production engineering
- Have interest of what the future can provide and are challenged by pushing for changes
- An interest of visualization and documentation and its life cycle is beneficial
More about us
• The thesis work is thought to be started during first quarter of 2020.
• Thesis work is thought to be done by one person at 30 ECTS, or alternatively two persons at 15 ECTS each.
• Our Europe based office and production site are in Västerås, Sweden. It will be required to be on site for understanding the product and meeting the persons in production, thesis work can partially be done on site and at university.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Daniel Andersson, +46 72 242 80 70, will answer your questions. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Pia Hill, +4621-34 47 51; Unionen: Roger L. Gustavsson, +4621-32 90 97; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621-32 85 47. Positions are filled continuously. Apply with your CV, academic transcripts and a cover letter in English. Welcome to apply!