Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of the Business Unit Power Grid Enterprise Software, Network Control, located in Västerås. ABB PGES Network Control is Software development organization, approx 600 users from 16 countries. ABB PGES is Developing software for Remote Control of power generation and distribution. Our Product development and testing environment is growing and needs better monitoring and control tools. The Development environment is managed by local IS/ IT. The aim of the thesis is to use appropriate methods to investigate the development network and server environment. Results should be presented in a clear way, both in general and specifically for different projects. We are looking for one driven and determined student who study Computer Science or similar. You have a good knowledge of data communication, and a great interest in learning more.
- You will be involved in developing and assessing advanced functionalities for PGES local IS/IT department systems and tools.
- You will be investigating tools used for data gathering.
- You will be investigating how to gather information about all devices connected to the network.
- You will implement advanced control methodologies.
- You will be designing and building a dynamic CMDB with User Interface and Dashboard.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You are studying a university bachelor program within a relevant technical area along with documented knowledge in computer science and programming.
- It is a benefit when you have experience in Web design, Database management, Unix based operating systems, network communication and programming.
- We aim to start the thesis during the fall 2019.
- Number of credits of the thesis is 15ECTS/hp being equivalent to a bachelors thesis.