As us, you want to make a difference.
Volvo design offers a contemporary luxury experience that is created around people with strength in every sense. The development of all Volvo products and services must spring from the needs of people and end with their satisfaction. When you are a part of the Design department you are also a part of the experience that we offer to our customers.
What we offer
Design is a crucial part of creating a brand and a product identity for the customer to relate to. The design of our cars is strongly influenced by our Scandinavian origins of elegance, function and the purity of lines as strong design elements. Design is a unit of 330 employees divided into one creative part and one operative part who closely work together to fulfil Volvo’s design strategy. We offer you an exciting challenge in an international and growing company with a strong culture and great development opportunities. You will have the opportunity and responsibility to actively contribute to the growth of our business through people.
What you’ll do
You will be an active part of the design team. You are responsible for design deliverables towards given tasks. You will support Volvo Cars design vision. You will be able to describe and communicate your personal ideas.
- Advanced design: Support in concept studies, small projects and development.
- Program design: Internal competition in projects. Support mission, ongoing production, projects for detail research proposals as bumpers, lamps, graphics, and grille, seats, and knobs i.e.
- Personal project: Personal project creating an innovative and fresh vision for futuristic products, evolving the Volvo Design language into the next level.
Do you fit the profile?
- Currently studying at a Design University
- Car passion with focus on design
- Communication skills and ability to work in a group
- Ability to understand product development process
- Ability to create internal network
- Skills within relevant required IT tools/applications
- English verbal and written
How to apply
We are constantly looking for new talent and therefore we will review applications on a regular basis. Note that applications via email will not be accepted.
The periods for the internships are January-June/July and August/September – December.