At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren’t manual testers — you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google’s massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You’ll have a huge impact on the quality of Google’s growing suite of products and services.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead testing operations.
- Drive Google’s test philosophy throughout the development of our products.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in development and/or test automation.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in testing.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments.
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java or Python.
- Demonstrated scripting skills (e.g. Awk, Sed, Perl, Shell).