Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google is looking for excellent developers to help us improve the WebRTC platform. This includes everything from hardware interaction (soundcard, camera and graphics cards, hardware encoders and decoders) and media enhancements, audio/video encoder/decoders and bandwidth estimation to application and backend development. In our team you will be part of improving the current implementation as well as developing new algorithms. You have a signal processing background and computer science knowledge, with experience in real-time communications software and/or development for mobile devices.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Extensive experience programming in C/C++.
- Experience with Digital/Adaptive Signal processing, communications theory.
- Deep knowledge of Video or Imaging.
- Knowledge of Networking and RTP.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.