Who you’ll work with
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients’ most critical problems.
Our Supply Chain Management service line is part of our Operations Practice and helps leading companies in all industries develop and implement future-oriented logistics strategies. We do this by making significant improvements in customer service while reducing invested capital and cost by transforming and optimizing their supply chains from end to end.
What you’ll do
You’ll work with colleagues and clients to develop innovative supply chain solutions that support clients’ business objectives and give them a competitive edge.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
In addition to working directly with clients, you will also work with colleagues in our worldwide Operations Practice to develop and refine our approaches while expanding your own knowledge and skills. You will contribute your personal ideas and experiences to the job — thereby helping our clients to achieve competitive success and helping us to continually renew our expertise.
You will be part of our Operations Excellence Program (OEP), a two-year training program during which you will acquire the necessary knowledge to help companies achieve excellence in their operations. Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate one day a week to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter, your CV, and your transcripts (high school, university, etc.) indicating all relevant grades.
- Initial experience in one or more of the following areas: design and implementation of logistics strategy, network design and optimization, transportation, warehouse design and optimization, supply chain planning and management processes, supply chain modeling and optimization, supply chain software
- Master degree and excellent academic record requiredExceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)